Business Development Manager
Rimbal is a financial services and technology group pioneering the future of financial advice. We create and curate the essential infrastructure, technology and financial services proposition that enables a network of Independent Financial Advisers (IFA) to operate and thrive across the UK.
Our core IFA-facing brand and proposition is ‘ValidPath’. ValidPath is an FCA-regulated IFA Network with 20 years experience supporting hundreds of IFAs (and IFA businesses) to deliver best-in-class independent financial advice to tens-of-thousands of clients across the UK.
Are you an experienced business development executive with experience within the IFA or financial services industry? As part of our business growth, we are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join our team and help support our growth by attracting new IFAs to the ValidPath IFA Network. Joining Rimbal ValidPath means you will be joining a robust (private-equity backed) and growing company with offices in Cardiff, Guernsey and London and working with a diverse, supportive and highly experienced team at a Top 100 (FT Adviser) financial services firm in the UK.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and growing financial services group that is at the forefront of technological innovation and the future of financial advice. You will be a key member of the business development team working closely with and reporting into the Network Development Director with a focus on undertaking business development activities to recruit and onboard new IFA businesses to the ValidPath IFA Network as Appointed Representatives. You will have the chance to grow your skills and experience and be supported with all the necessary training to thrive in the role and benefit from an attractive remuneration package (that will include an additional commission/bonus structure).
- Build long-term relationships with IFAs and IFA businesses
- Identify new business opportunities via proactive prospecting and outreach
- Qualify enquiries to ascertain circumstances, requirements, objectives and timeframes
- Build a strategic pipeline of IFA prospects
- Present the group proposition to convert prospects to network Members
- Work with the compliance team to facilitate due diligence and compliance sign off
- Work closely with the operations team to support Member onboarding
- Manage the IFA and Member relationship
- Communicate with internal stakeholders about strategies, pipeline and forecasts
To be considered for this role you should have:
- Minimum five years experience in a business development role within financial services
- A demonstrable track-record of winning business and achieving targets
- An ability to undertake a consultative sales process with multiple stakeholders
- Confidence to conduct face-to-face meetings and develop long-term relationships
- An excellent phone/video manner and aptitude for building rapport with clients
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to tailor client-facing sales collateral
- Excellent written skills and ability to craft communications to senior stakeholders
- An ability to work both independently/remotely and also as part of a collaborative team
To be considered by Rimbal ValidPath you should have:
- University Degree or other relevant qualification
- Can do attitude with a strong work ethic and ability to get things done
- Strong communication skills with confidence via telephone or video conference
- Strong interpersonal skills and alignment with our culture
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and other remote working systems (Teams, Zoom)
As part of Rimbal ValidPath you will benefit from:
- Competitive remuneration package with salary and additional commission/bonus structure
- Opportunity to participate in the group Share Ownership Plan
- Opportunity to work remotely (or in London or Cardiff offices)
- Opportunity to participate in the benefits programme
- Training budget
To apply for this role, please submit your CV (and any relevant cover letter) and indicate if you have experience within the within the IFA or financial advisory sector.
Please note that we will contact relevant candidates only and conduct standard checks on any candidates offered a role.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.